Product name: CHOATE 5.9L Long Block Workhorse Engine 1989-2007 – Dodge Cummins Diesel Engine
Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEP59CLW
Fitment : Fits 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1994.5, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, Dodge 5.9L Cummins Equipped Vehicles
This 5.9L Long Block Dodge Cummins Diesel Engine Includes:
Workhorse upgrades include:
- Coated, Flycut, and Delipped pistons
- O-ring heads
- Chromoly Pushrods
- Stage 2 Camshaft
– Our Built-in-house Heads –Magnuflux and pressure test heads, Grind Valves, New Induction Hardened Seats, All New Valve Guides, Install New Valve Seals, Test Spring Tension, New Freeze plugs, New Injector Cups.
– Head Studs included in our Daily Driver build, New Head Gaskets
– Full CNC blue print machining, (bore, deck, hone and line honed) –The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to Ra 13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of 30 Ra or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
– Connecting Rods, New Damper All Manual will be charged the appropriate charges and will be balanced to a stock flywheel we have in stock or you will need to send in your Aftermarket in first. – Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances
– New upgraded Pistons .10- .30″ over – New pistons, rings, Pin retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– New OE Lifters, Lifter Guides, OE Crank Flange Bolts, updated 9.800 OE Pushrods
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
– Camshaft – Polished and Inspected
-New Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features:
600 HP rated. Designed with the working man in mind. The perfect platform for those who do heavy hauling regularly. Fully balanced. Upgrades over the Daily Driver include but are not limited to: O-Ringed Heads; Billet Flex Plate; Coated, Fly Cut and Delipped Pistons; Stage 2 Cam; Chromoly Pushrods; Welded Cam Gear.
Common Issues With The Dodge Cummins 5.9L Engine (and how we fix them)
Cylinder Heads- While there aren’t as many issues with the bottom end of the Cummins,
there are really BIG problems in the head department.
-Valve seats fallout contacting the piston and cause catastrophic failure. We machine
oversize valve seats within creased press fit area to remedy this issue.
-Stamped gallery plugs in the heads blow out causing a mixture of oil and coolant,
destroying the bearings. We thread the head and insert threaded plugs to make sure this
issue never rears its ugly head.
-Freeze plugs in the block blow out leaving you at best stranded on the side of the road, at
worst, with a severely overheated engine in need of remanufacturing. Every new Choate
Cummins engine comes standard with billet freeze plugs that are “blow out proof” using a
tie bar bolting them into the side of the block.
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and not by CHOATE.**