Product name: 6.0L Short Block Workhorse Powerstroke Engine 2003-2007 – Power stroke Ford Diesel Engine
Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEP60SW
Fitment : Fits 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Equipped Vehicles
Workhorse upgrades include:
- Coated, Flycut and Delipped pistons
- Stage 2 Camshaft
- Choate Engineering Billet Flex plate
– Full CNC blue print machining, (bore, deck, hone and line honed) – The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to RA13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of RA30 or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
- Connecting Rods, New Damper and Flex plate for Automatic transmission. All Manual will be charged the appropriate charges and will be balanced to a stock flywheel we have in stock or you will need to send in your Aftermarket in first. – Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances
– New Maxxforce HD Design Pistons .010 – .040 over – NEW Pistons, Rings, Pin Retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
– New OE Lifters, Lifter Guides and OE Crank Flange Bolts
– Camshaft – Polished and Inspected
– New Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features :
This 6.oL Engine is 600 HP rated. Designed with the working man in mind. The perfect platform for those who do heavy hauling regularly. Fully balanced. Upgrades over the Daily Driver include but are not limited to: O-Ringed Heads; Billet Flex Plate; Coated, Fly Cut and Delipped Pistons; Stage 2 Cam; Chromoly Pushrods; Welded Cam Gear;
Common Issues With The Ford Powerstroke 6.0L Block and Heads (and how we fix them)
Head Gaskets – We at CHOATE Engineering use high strength head studs with a 230K LB tensile strength to increase clamping load of the head paired with an aftermarket gasket that uses a larger fourth layer and cleat to bind the multi-layer steel gasket.
Excess sand from casting process – Excess sand from the manufacturing process helped clog the oil cooler creating bearing issues, fuel system issues as well as VGT turbo and EGR issues. By use of our extensive cleaning methods thru media blasting, furnaces, spray cabinets, hot tanks, and ultrasonic equipment, we at CHOATE Performance do this to protect your investment.
Head Cracks – The 6.0L Power Stroke cylinder heads from Ford are known to crack around the injector cup, leaking fuel into the coolant system. Our heads feature much thicker castings in this problematic area.
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and not by CHOATE.**