Product name: CHOATE 6.0L Short Block Daily Driver Engine 2003-2007 – Power stroke Ford Diesel Engine
Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEP60SD
Fitment : Fits 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Equipped Vehicles
This 6.0L Powerstroke Short Block Build Includes:
THIS BUILD INCLUDES:
– Full CNC blueprint machining, (bore, deck, hone, and line honed) – The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to Ra 13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of 30 Ra or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
– Connecting Rods, New Damper and New Flex plate with automatic transmissions. – Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances.
– New upgraded Pistons .10 – .30″ over – NEW Pistons, Rings, Pin Retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
-New Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
– Camshaft – Polished and Inspected
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features :
This 6.0 Engine is 500 HP rated.
This CHOATE engine is fully balanced, and is the perfect engine for spirited daily driving, consumer level towing and everyday life.
Upgrades over the Model C include but are not limited to: Torque Plate Honing; Full Engine Balancing; Harmonic Balancer; Head Studs; Valve Seats; Rear Cover and Pickup Tube; Oil Pans; Welded Crank Gear.
Common Issues With The Ford Powerstroke 6.0L Block and Heads (and how we fix them)
Head Gaskets – We at CHOATE Engineering use high strength head studs with a 230K LB tensile strength to increase clamping load of the head paired with an aftermarket gasket that uses a larger fourth layer and cleat to bind the multi-layer steel gasket.
Excess sand from casting process – Excess sand from the manufacturing process helped clog the oil cooler creating bearing issues, fuel system issues as well as VGT turbo and EGR issues. By use of our extensive cleaning methods thru media blasting, furnaces, spray cabinets, hot tanks, and ultrasonic equipment, we at CHOATE Performance do this to protect your investment.
Head Cracks – The 6.0L Power Stroke cylinder heads from Ford are known to crack around the injector cup, leaking fuel into the coolant system. Our heads feature much thicker castings in this problematic area.
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and not by CHOATE.**