Product name: CHOATE 6.7L Short Block Workhorse Engine 2007-2018 – Dodge Cummins Diesel Engine
Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEP67CSW
Fitment : Fits 2007, 2007.5, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Dodge 6.7L Cummins Equipped Vehicles
This 6.7L Long Block Dodge Cummins Diesel Engine Includes:
Workhorse upgrades include:
- Coated, Flycut and Delipped Pistons
- Stage 2 Camshaft
- Choate Engineering Billet Flex plate
This Build Includes:
– Full CNC blueprint machining, (bore, deck, hone, and line honed) – The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to RA13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of RA30 or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
– Connecting Rods, new Damper and New Flex plate with automatic transmissions. – Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances.
– New upgraded Pistons .10 – .30″ over – NEW Pistons, Rings, Pin Retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
– New Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
– Camshaft – Polished and Inspected
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features:
600 HP rated. Designed with the working man in mind. The perfect platform for those who do heavy hauling regularly. Fully balanced. Upgrades over the Daily Driver include but are not limited to: O-Ringed Heads; Billet Flex Plate; Coated, Fly Cut and Delipped Pistons; Stage 2 Cam; Chromoly Pushrods; Welded Cam Gear.
Common Issues With The Dodge Cummins 6.7L Engine (and how we fix them)
Cylinder Heads- While there aren’t as many issues with the bottom end of the Cummins,
there are really BIG problems in the head department.
-Valve seats fallout contacting the piston and cause catastrophic failure. We machine
oversize valve seats within creased press fit area to remedy this issue.
-Stamped gallery plugs in the heads blow out causing a mixture of oil and coolant,
destroying the bearings. We thread the head and insert threaded plugs to make sure this
issue never rears its ugly head.
-Freeze plugs in the block blow out leaving you at best stranded on the side of the road, at
worst, with a severely overheated engine in need of remanufacturing. Every new Choate
Cummins engine comes standard with billet freeze plugs that are “blow out proof” using a
tie bar bolting them into the side of the block.