Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEP67PLW1116 CEP67PLW1719
Fitment : Fits 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Equipped Vehicles
6.7L Long Block Workhorse – Powerstroke Ford Diesel Engine Includes:
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufactures warranty and not by CHOATE.**
Workhorse upgrades include:
- O-ring heads
- Chromoly Pushrods
- Stage 2 Camshaft
- Choate Engineering Billet Flex plate
This build Includes:
– Our Built-In-House Heads –Magnuflux and pressure test heads, Grind Valves, New induction hardened seats, All New Valve Guides, Install new valve seals, Test spring tension, New Freeze plugs, New Injector Cups.
– Head Studs included in our Daily Driver build, New Head Gaskets
– Full CNC blue print machining, (bore, deck, hone and line honed) – The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to RA13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of RA30 or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
– Connecting Rods, New Damper and Flexplate for Automatic transmission. All Manual will be charged the appropriate charges and will be balanced to a stock flywheel we have in stock or you will need to send in your Aftermarket in first.
Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances
– New upgraded Pistons .10- .30″ over – New pistons, rings, Pin retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– New OE Lifters, Lifter Guides, OE Crank Flange Bolts, updated 9.800 OE Pushrods
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
– Camshaft- Polished and Inspected
-New Rod, Main, and Cam Bearings
-New Push Rods
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features :
- 600 HP rate.
Designed with the working man in mind. The perfect platform for those who do heavy hauling regularly. Fully balanced.
Upgrades over the Daily Driver include but are not limited to: O-Ringed Heads; Billet Flex Plate; Coated, Fly Cut and Delipped Pistons; Stage 2 Cam; Chromoly Pushrods; Welded Cam Gear;
Common Issues With The Ford Powerstroke 6.7L (and how we fix them)
Main and Rod Bearing Clearance Issues- IE ,Spun Bearings. Our fix includes machining
for the correct clearances as well as upgraded bearings designed to handle higher levels of
Valve Failures– OEM Exhaust Valves separate causing at the least, lost compression, at the
worst, piston to valve contact causing catastrophic failure. We do not modify the existing
valves as most do, we use an all new valve with better materials that do not have this
high-heat separation issue.
Crank Gear Spinning- Standard on all our 6.7L builds is a welded crank gear. From Ford
this gear is prone to spinning, throwing off timing, and bending all 32 pushrods. TIG
welding the gear in place eliminates this issue.
Cam Tunnel Misalignment– The issue here comes with the aftermarket fix which is to use
larger clearance bearings. This in turn causes low oil pressure. We do not use larger
clearance bearings, we use our own proprietary bearings which allow for perfect alignment.
Our 6.7’s see on average 5lbs more oil pressure at startup than others.
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and not by CHOATE.**