Manufacturer: CHOATE Engineering Performance
CHOATE Part Number : CEPPFRD11 CEPPFRD12 CEPPFRD13 CEPPFRD14 CEPPFRD15 CEPPFRD16 CEPPFRD17 CEPPFRD18 CEPPFRD19
Fitment : Fits 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Equipped Vehicles
6.7L Long Block Cassquatch – Powerstroke Ford Diesel Engine Includes:
Cass-quatch upgrades include:
- O-ring heads
- Chromoly Pushrods
- Stage 3 Camshaft
- Choate Engineering Billet Flex plate
- Arp Mains Studs
- Carrillo Connecting Rods
- O-ring Block Machining
- Heavy Duty Valve Springs
– Our Built-in-house Heads –Magnuflux and Pressure Test Heads, Grind Valves, New Induction Hardened Seats, All New Valve Guides, Install New Valve Seals, Test Spring Tension, New Freeze Plugs, New Injector Cups.
– ARP head studs included in our Daily Driver build, New Head Gaskets
– Full CNC blue print machining, (bore, deck, hone and line honed) – The Cylinder bores are blue print bored to a true 90 degrees from the crankshaft center line, prior to being diamond honed to within .0002″ for precise piston to cylinder bore clearances. We main bore and line hone the crankshaft which is honed to precisely align the crankshaft in the engine block. We bore the block back to the crankshaft center line and hone the block to RA13 finish. The piston diameter measured to the nearest .0001″ matched to cylinder bores. The Cylinder block is surfaced to a finish of RA30 or lower, which meets the factory specification in both flatness and smoothness for the block to head sealing surface. This is mandatory for proper sealing of a MLS Gasket.
– Connecting Rods, New Damper and Flex plate for Automatic transmission. All Manual will be charged the appropriate charges and will be balanced to a stock flywheel we have in stock or you will need to send in your Aftermarket in first. – Check both wrist pin and crank pin to rod clearances
– New Upgraded Pistons .10 – .30″ over – New Pistons, Rings, Pin retainers weight matched prior to crank balancing
– New OE Lifters, Lifter Guides, OE Crank Flange Bolts, updated 9.800 OE Pushrods
– Crankshaft – Balanced with the Rotational assembly checked for run-out inspected for fatigue. Crankshaft is Polished and ground to .0005 concentricity or less
– Camshaft – Polished and Inspected
-New Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
-Install Rear Main Seal
-Install New Bed Seals
-Install New Rear Cover Gasket
-Install Upper and Lower Oil Pan Gaskets
-Install Pickup Tube O-ring
-Rear Cover Installed
- Assembled by Our Professional Team in house
- Perfect for daily driving us, family haulers, heavy towing or your performance build
- 5 year 100K warranty on our Daily Driver builds with upgrade-able options
By buying you agree to have the engine core ready for pickup and return to us within 30 days of receiving the engine. Failure to do so will void your warranty.
Core will be inspected and must meet our specifications to deem it a good usable core. Mainline and crank must meet our specs as well. The engine will be shipped to Choate Engineering Performance in shrink wrap on a non returnable wooden pallet & the appropriate core charge due.
Once inspected appropriate core fees will be kept and balance remaining will be refunded promptly in the form of a check.
We require a like for like core- meaning if we send you a long block we require everything from your core long block to be usable and machinable.
We will need the year, make, model, and vin number to make sure you are buying the correct engine before we ship. We must know if the transmission is manual or automatic as this effects prices and usability. *if transmission is manual, we suggest purchasing a flywheel so we can balance it to a new flywheel. If customers flywheel is used the engine will be balanced to a stock flywheel.*
Front cover, oil cooler, oil pump are not included in our long block build. We install the following gaskets and parts new: bed seals, rear main seals, new rear cover gasket, upper and lower oil pan gaskets, pickup tube O-rings, rocker carrier gaskets, and rear cover. Valve covers are placed for shipping purposes only. The valve cover gasket is not included.
CHOATE Engineering Performance Crate Engine Features :
- 1,000 HP and up. Full custom build. Designed for high performance, competition use. To be built based on customer’s intended use. We will need to work closely with you and the customer to build this to their needs. Exact pricing depends on customer’s needs.
Common Issues With The Ford Powerstroke 6.7L (and how we fix them)
Main and Rod Bearing Clearance Issues- IE ,Spun Bearings. Our fix includes machining
for the correct clearances as well as upgraded bearings designed to handle higher levels of
Valve Failures– OEM Exhaust Valves separate causing at the least, lost compression, at the
worst, piston to valve contact causing catastrophic failure. We do not modify the existing
valves as most do, we use an all new valve with better materials that do not have this
high-heat separation issue.
Crank Gear Spinning- Standard on all our 6.7L builds is a welded crank gear. From Ford
this gear is prone to spinning, throwing off timing, and bending all 32 pushrods. TIG
welding the gear in place eliminates this issue.
Cam Tunnel Misalignment– The issue here comes with the aftermarket fix which is to use
larger clearance bearings. This in turn causes low oil pressure. We do not use larger
clearance bearings, we use our own proprietary bearings which allow for perfect alignment.
Our 6.7’s see on average 5lbs more oil pressure at startup than others.
**Optional Parts are not installed. Optional parts are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and not by CHOATE.**